Role: Communication and Learning Facilitator
Location: Downtown Toronto
Submit Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our family is seeking a Communication and Learning Facilitator for our 9-year-old son.You will be an active participant in contributing to and executing a structured Communication Program to assist him with developing expressive communication and reinforcing his receptive ASL skills.This Program replaces traditional school, and will take place during the day.Candidates must be interested in and supportive of a non-traditional approach to education.
Our son is Deaf, non-verbal, and physically-disabled – in addition to supporting his language development, you will be acting as his connection to the world and to others.Ideal candidates have an appreciation for the importance of this role and are keen to actively participate in nurturing this connection.
- proactively follow the established Communication Program, which includes use of ASL (American Sign Language) and augmentative devices
- create opportunities for social interactions with people of all ages
- create meaningful experiences whether enjoying outings or staying home
- maintaina record of activities and log progress in certain areas
- fluent in ASL
- excellent written English skills
- outgoing and social with diverse groups (hearing, Deaf, disabilities, varying ages, etc.)
- excellent references with good track record of being punctual
- available to work minimum 10 hours a week
Additional Qualifications (optional):
- training and/or education in related fields of study, including:child development, Deaf studies, occupational therapy, communication disorders, augmentative and alternative communication, speech-language pathology, disability studies etc.
Deaf people are especially encouraged to apply.
This role may be filled by 1 person, or by 2 or 3 people working on different days.Please state your availability and desired shifts.